Make a Gift
General program support can help us do things such as host outside speakers, fund alumni events and newsletters, and acquire equipment. You can also help our academic teams participate in events, especially in terms of travel and lodging. You can also help us build endowments to fund scholarships now and into the future.
General Program Support
- 00186 Economics
- The developmental fund has traditionally supported such things as faculty research, student scholarships, and other departmental endeavors.
- 00253 Bruce Gockerman Economics Scholarship
- The Gockerman Award recognizes a junior or senior status economics major who wrote best paper submitted on a subject closely related to economics. Award established by alumnus Bruce C. Gockerman.
- 01966 Donald W. Pearson Endowed Scholarship in Economics
- The Pearson Award recognizes an economics major or minor with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0, with preference given to an Honor Program participate and/or a student with international study experience. Award established by Professor Emeritus Donald Pearson.
- 00439 Gary Murg Economics Scholarship
- The Murg Award recognizes an economics major or minor with junior or senior status who has an outstanding record of service to the Economics Department. Nominations are made by students or faculty members. Award established by alumnus Gary. E. Murg, Esq.
- 02226 Economics Club
- The Economics Club is a student organization at Eastern Michigan University that coordinates with the Economics Department and the members in an effort to widen the scope of economic education. The Economics "ECON" Club provides activities outside of the classroom which not only benefit the participating student body, but also the department at-large.