What is Business Link?
Business Link is a one-door, virtual platform to link, cultivate and initiate collaboration, partnerships and patent licensing between businesses, corporate entities and Eastern Michigan University.
Universities are large systems with many differing avenues for collaboration. Business Link provides businesses a single point to navigating all university areas relevant to business and industry.
Who oversees Business Link?
Business Link, housed in Engage@EMU is coordinated by the Business Engagement Council (BEC), which includes directors from the:
- Commercialization and Technology Transfer area
- Office of Research Development and Administration
- EMU Foundation
- Career Services department
- Engage@EMU Training, Testing and Certification Center
- College of Business
- Associate Provost and Associate Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research
The BEC works across University departments to ensure collaboration in all areas: internships, patents, entrepreneurship, research, economic development, training and curriculum with an emphasis on continued growth and transformation.
View an organizational chart [PDF].
How does Business Link work?
Business Link’s virtual platform allows businesses both large and small, local and global to connect with EMU’s business-related assets in an accessible and navigable way. Business Link is organized by the following pathways:
- Commercialization and Technology Transfer
- Centers, Institutes and Laboratories
- Training, Testing and Certifications
- Corporate Partnerships and Impact
- Curriculum and Program Collaboration
The Business Engagement Council is available to identify and cultivate the ideal pathway to meet your business interests.
Need More Information?
If you have questions or need more information, please submit the form below. The EMU Business Link team will review your request and provide the best resource to assist you.