Number 1 (Winter 1997)
Special Issue: Theorizing Modern Hispanic Fiction, ed. Francisco LaRubia-Prado
· LaRubia-Prado, Fancisco. Introduction
· Heller, Ben. "Paternal Anxiety, Sexuality, and the Archive of Latin American Narrative--or, Up River with Tiresias"
· Kerr, Lucille. "Academic Relations and Latin American Fictions"
· Mandrell, James. "'Experiencing Technical Difficulties': Genre and Gender, Translation and Difference: Lourdes Ortiz, Maria
· Antonia Oliver and Blanca Alvarez"
· Moreiras, Alberto. "The End of Magical Realism: Jose Maria Arguedas's Passionate Signifier (El zorro de arriba y el zorro de abajo)"
· Sklodowska, Elzbieta. "Uncharted Territories: Space and Memory in Rachel's Song by Miguel Barnet"
· Spires, Robert. "Discursive Constructs and Spanish Fiction of the 1980s"
Number 2 (Spring 1997)
· Coleman, Dan. "'A World Complete in Itself': Elegiac Narration in The Great Gatsby"
· Moraru, Christian. "Consuming Narratives: Don DeLillo and the 'Lethal' Reading'"
· Liste Noya, Jose. "'Ghostbusters': Fantasy and Postmodern Death in Pynchon's Vineland"
· Zaller, Robert. "Robinson Jeffers, Narrative, and the Freudian Family Romance"
· Wilner, Arlene. "'Happy, happy ever after': Story and History in Art Spiegelman's Maus"
Number 3 (Fall 1997)
· Herold, Niels. "On Teaching the Madness of King Lear"
· Quick Langer, Nancy. "'There is no such ladies now-a-days': Capsizing 'the patriarch bull' in Charlotte Bronte's Shirley"
· Gripp, Paul. "When Knighthood Was Progressive: Progressive Historicism and the Historical Novel"
· Van Wyk Smith, M. "The Emplltment of Ethnicity: Narrative Cognition and the Construction of 'Race'"
· Last, Suzan. "Hawthorne's Feminine Voices: Reading The Scarlet Letter as a Woman"