Number 1 (Winter 2004)
· Masters, Joellen. "'Nothing More' and 'Nothing Definite': First Wives in Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters (1866)"
· Honaker, Lisa. "'One Man to Rely On': Long John Silver and the Shifting Character of Victorian Boys' Fiction"
· Egert, Charles. "Love and Homocide in the Jazz Age Novel"
· Roberts, Brian. "Reading Ralph Ellison Synthesizing the CP and NAACP: Sympathetic Narrative Strategy, Sympathetic Bodies"
· Seigneurie, Ken. "The Importance of Being Kawabata: The Narratee in Today's Literature of Commitment"
Number 2 (Summer 2004)
· Addison, Catherine. "Ottava Rima and Novelistic Discourse"
· Crangle, Sara. "'Regularly Irregular...Dashign Waters':Navigating the Stream of Consciousness in Wordsworth's The Grasmere Journals"
· Norkus, Zenonas. "Historical Narratives as Pictures: On Elective Affinities between Verbal and Pictorial Representations"
· Ferrebe, Alice. "The Gaze of the Magus: Sexual/Scopic Politics in the Novels of John Fowles"
· Foley, Barbara. "Ralph Ellison, Intertextuality, and Biographical Criticism: An Answer to Brian Roberts"
· Roberts, Brian. "The CPUSA's Line and Atmosphere: Did Ellison and Wright Walk It as They Breathed It as They Wrote?"
Number 3 (Fall 2004)
Special Issue: Narrative Emotion: Feeling, Form and Function, ed. Jeffrey Pence and Ingrid Geerken
· Pence, Jeffrey. "Narrative Emotion: Feeling, Form and Function"
· Chaney, Christine. "The Rhetorical Strategies of 'Tumultuous Emotions': Wollstonecraft's Letters Written in Sweden"
· Summers-Bremner, Eluned. "Reading, Walking, Mourning: W. G. Sebald's Peripatetic Fictions"
· Deslandes, Jeanne. "A Philosophy of Emoting"
· Geerken, Ingrid. "'The Dead Are Not Annihilated': Mortal Regret in Wuthering Heights"
· Weiss, David. "The Happiness of the Storyteller"