Applicants must be graduates of regionally accredited colleges and universities, and have achieved grades and GMAT scores indicating an aptitude for advanced study in business. International applicants must submit official TOEFL scores.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate admissions application with application fee.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended*, with a cumulative or last-half GPA of 2.75.
- A well written personal statement indicating background and purpose for applying.
- An up-to-date resume’.
- A score of 450 or greater in the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), with at least 20 in the verbal section and 24 in the quantitative, OR an overall score of 297 or greater in the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), including scores of at least 143 in verbal reasoning and 140 in quantitative reasoning.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit TOEFL score of 80 overall, with at least 20 in reading, writing, listening and speaking sections; or IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with at least 6.5 in reading, listening, and speaking, and at least 6.0 in writing. *International applicants are required to have their educational credentials evaluated by Educational Perspectives as part of the application process, and should see http://www.emich.edu/graduate/admissions/applicationprocess/international.php for additional documents that may be required.
Graduate Programs Office
306 Gary M. Owens Building
Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
The MBA program is innovative, applied and global with an emphasis on corporate ethics. The program requires 54 credit hours: 18 hours of foundation courses; 18 hours of Core/Cross Functional courses; and 18 hours of electives (6 hours restricted electives and 12 hours of general electives). MBA candidates may also specialize in 1 of 13 areas of specialization (the specialization courses are taken in lieu of the general elective courses).
A maximum of six credit hours from a previous Master’s degree may be transferred to the core MBA program.
Master of Business Administration:
Foundation: 18 hours
Students must complete course work in each of the following foundation areas or have acceptable undergraduate equivalents, in which case the course may be waived.
- ACC 501 - Accounting Principles 3 hrs
- DS 501 - Introductory Probability and Statistics for Business 3 hrs
- ECON 500 - Foundations of Economics Analysis 3 hrs
- FIN 502 - Financial Principles 3 hrs
- MGMT 505 - Organizational Theory and Behavior 3 hrs
- MKTG 510 - Marketing Management 3 hrs
MBA Core Skills/Cross Functional Courses: 18 hours
- ACC 605 - Strategic Information and Control Systems 3 hrs
- FIN 620 - Financial Administration Policies 3 hrs
- IB 610 - Globalization and Business Environment 3 hrs
- MGMT 604 - Strategic Communication and Ethical Decision-Making 3 hrs
- MGMT 696 - Strategic Management 3 hrs
- MKTG 610 - Marketing Policies and Problems 3 hrs
Restricted Electives: 6 hours
Choose one course from each of the following areas:
Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI): 12 hours
- IS 614 - Systems Analysis and Design 3 hrs
- IS 645 - Database Management Systems 3 hrs
- IS 650 - Enterprise Resource Planning 3 hrs
- IS 665 - Data Warehousing and Data Mining 3 hrs
Two Courses from the Following:
- HRM 630 - International Hospitality Management 3 hrs
- HRM 560 - Service Strategies for Hospitality Industry 3 hrs
- HRM 585 - Global Hospitality Management - Study Abroad 3 hrs
Human Resource Management (HR): 12 hours
- MGMT 509 - Strategic Human Resource Management 3 hrs