The Department offers Graduate Certificates in Quality for those who desire to obtain advanced skills in the quality field without obtaining a Master’s degree. The Advanced Graduate Certificate is awarded to those possessing a Master’s degree at the beginning of the Advanced Graduate Certificate program.
- Meet admission requirements of the Graduate School;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Advanced Certificate;
- Possess a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.7;
- Submit a Personal Statement;
- Meet program prerequisite skill requirements; and
- In the case of international students, meet the Graduate School test score requirements on the TOEFL, MELAB, or IELTS. See the Admissions web site for minimum scores.
Click here to apply!
School of Engineering Technology - College of Technology
Certificate Requirements: 18 hours
Required Core Courses: 15 hours
- QUAL 546 - Total Quality Management 3 hrs
- QUAL 548 - Tools for Continuous Improvement 3 hrs
- QUAL 551 - Design of Experiments 3 hrs
- QUAL 552 - Quality Planning 3 hrs
- QUAL 559 - Cost of Quality 3 hrs
Required Quality Specialization: 3 hours
Three hours from the following: Course selection subject to approval by your program advisor.
- QUAL 549 - Problem Solving for Quality Improvement 2 hrs
- QUAL 550 - Advanced Statistical Process Control 3 hrs
- QUAL 553 - Geometric and Surface Texture Tolerancing 3 hrs
- QUAL 554 - Reliability, Maintainability and Product Safety 3 hrs
- QUAL 555 - Quality Auditing 3 hrs
- QUAL 556 - Human Aspects of Continuous Improvement 3 hrs
- QUAL 557 - Measuring Customer Satisfaction 3 hrs
- QUAL 568 - Lean Service Quality 3 hrs
- QUAL 651 - Design of Experiments II 3 hrs
- QUAL 652 - Multivariate Data Analysis 3 hrs
- QUAL 655 - Technical Six Sigma 3 hrs