The major in general business has been designed for students seeking a broad business background rather than specialization in any one functional area of business. The program for the general business major includes a minimum of 124 hours for graduation as stipulated in the catalog.
Business Core Courses: 36 hours
- ACC 240 - Principles of Financial Accounting 3 hrs
- ACC 241 - Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 hrs
- COB 200L - Introduction to Business (Gen Ed Area V LBC) 3 hrs
- DS 265 - Business Statistics I 3 hrs
- FIN 350 - Principles of Finance 3 hrs
- IS 215 - End-User Computing 3 hrs
- LAW 293 - Legal Environment of Business 3 hrs
- MGMT 202 - Business Communication 3 hrs
- MGMT 386 - Organizational Behavior and Theory 3 hrs
- MKTG 360 - Principles of Marketing 3 hrs
- ** OM 374 - Introduction to Operations Management 3 hrs
- ** MGMT 490 - Business Policy 3 hrs
Discipline: 24 hours
- MGMT 384 - Human Resource Management 3 hrs
- MGMT 388 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship 3 hrs
- MGMT 460 - Management Skills 3 hrs
- * MGMT 480W - Management Responsibility and Ethics (Gen Ed Area I, W) 3 hrs
Students must also complete twelve hours of restricted electives selected from at least two different functional areas (ACC, FIN, IS, MGMT, MKTG, LAW, SCM, IB, OM) in the College of Business. (12 hours)
This program does not require a minor.
All 200-level core courses listed above must be completed prior to admission to the College of Business.
** All 300-level core courses listed above must be completed before enrollment in MGMT 490 - Business Policy . OM 374 can be take concurrently with MGMT 490 .