The technology management program is designed for transfer students with an associate of applied science degree. The interdisciplinary curriculum provides the necessary foundation to meet the changing needs of management in a variety of fields; ranging from business and health to criminal justice, environmental sciences, automotive technology and computer service technology.
An active articulation agreement exists between the Technology Management program and many community colleges. To see a complete list of current colleges with program articulation agreements with EMU, please click here.
More information about this major can be found at the program website.
Must take this course or a proficiency exam:
- STS 201 - Microcomputer Applications in Technology 3 hrs
Major Requirements: 60-79 hours
Core Courses: 18 hours
- TM 130 - Introduction to Technology Management 3 hrs
- TM 212 - The Management of Technological Change 3 hrs
- TM 311 - Information Technology Management and Organizations 3 hrs
- TM 314W - A Socio-Technical Systems Approach to Process Improvement (GEWI) 3 hrs
- TM 402 - Technology Project Management 3 hrs
- TM 415 - Senior Seminar in Technology Management 3 hrs
Technology Management Elective Courses: 12-15 hours
Choose four of the following. At least one must be a 300- or 400-level course.
- ACC 130 - Accounting for Nonbusiness Majors 3 hrs
- ACC 240 - Principles of Financial Accounting 3 hrs
- ACC 241 - Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 hrs
- ACC 358 - Analysis of Financial Statements 3 hrs
- FIN 350 - Principles of Finance 3 hrs
- LAW 293 - Legal Environment of Business 3 hrs
- LAW 403 - Employment Law 3 hrs
- MGMT 384 - Human Resource Management 3 hrs
- MGMT 386 - Organizational Behavior and Theory 3 hrs
- MGMT 388 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship 3 hrs
- MGMT 480W - Management Responsibility and Ethics (GEWI) 3 hrs
- MKTG 360 - Principles of Marketing 3 hrs
- MKTG 369 - Advertising 3 hrs
- MKTG 473 - Marketing and Product Innovation 3 hrs
- TM 306 - Quantitative Analysis of Sustainability Issues (GEQR) 3 hrs
- TM 308 - Seminar in Technological Impacts 3 hrs
- TM 377 - Special Topics 1 hr
- TM 378 - Special Topics 2 hrs
- TM 379 - Special Topics 3 hrs
- TM 387L4 - Cooperative Education in Technology Management (GELB) 3 hrs
- TM 477 - Special Topics 1 hr
- TM 478 - Special Topics 2 hrs
- TM 479 - Special Topics 3 hrs
This program does not require a minor.
Students must earn a minimum total of 124 credits at the 100-level or above.
This program is available at an EMU off-campus location. For a list of locations, please click here .