Provost & Internal Award Application Writing Workshops 2015
-Are grant proposal rejections getting you down?
Faculty who come to these sessions have a PROVEN track record for receiving awards, because they get important feedback on how their proposals will be reviewed by a general academic audience.
Location - Room 109B Halle Library – Faculty Development Center
Questions? Please email: email@example.com or Phone: 734-487-2530
Below is a schedule of repeating workshops to support faculty in writing proposals for the various Provost and Internal Research Awards which are due in the Fall semester, 2015. To download a copy of this schedule, click here.
- EMU Research: (for proposal guidelines, application forms, evaluation forms, timelines, and additional information) http://www.emich.edu/research/development/funding/index.php
Participants are encouraged to attend both Day 1 & Day 2 sessions of workshops.
Day 1 University Research and Sabbatical Leave Committee (URSLC) representatives go over the application requirements and strategies for writing successful proposals for all awards, and Day 2 – Bring your drafts! Peers provide valuable feedback for revising application narratives.
Types of Awards:
- Summer Research/Creative Activity Award (all tenure-track and tenured faculty) due October 15, 2015.
- Provost New Faculty Award (available to year 1 and year 2 faculty) due November 2, 2015.
- Sabbatical Leave (available to faculty who have served 12 semesters at EMU) due November 16, 2015.
- Faculty Research Fellowships (all tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible) due December 1, 2015.
Day 1 Day 2
A: Thursday, Sept. 17, 3:00-4:30 PM AND Thursday Sept. 24, 3:00-4:30PM
B: Wednesday, Sept. 23, 10:30-12:00 PM AND Wednesday, Sept.30, 10:30-12:00 PM
C: Monday, Sept. 28, 1:00-2:30 PM AND Monday Oct. 5, 1:00-2:30 PM
D: Tuesday, Oct. 6 , 10:00-11:30 AM AND Tuesday, Oct. 13, 10:00-11:30 AM
E: Friday, Oct. 16, 10:30-12:00 PM AND Friday, Oct. 23, 10:30-12:00 PM
F: Monday, Nov. 2, 9:00-10:30 AM AND Monday, Nov. 9, 9:00-10:30 AM
G: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 12:30-2:00 PM AND Tuesday, Nov, 24, 12:30-2:00 PM
URSLA Committee: Contact Dr. Natalie Dove; URSLC Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Peggy Liggit; Director Faculty Development Center; email@example.com