Faculty Development Center
109 Bruce T. Halle Library
Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Specify one of these fund codes:
01429 - Bruce K Nelson Faculty Friends Development Fund
02023 - Liggit Family Faculty Development Center Endowment
Fellowships are available on this campus in many areas. In this section, we attempt to keep abreast of purposes and deadlines so that you avail yourself of these opportunities. If you would like to consult with us on your proposals before submitting them, please email us. Any information on fellowships that relate to higher education and are outside this university will be found in the Resources section. For current Semester-long Seminars, please see the Programs page.
Faculty Development Fellows
The purpose of the Faculty Development Fellows program is to develop the Fellows' expertise in one core area of faculty development and to support the FDC programs. The Fellows will identify one core area, and:
- Develop and facilitate a one or two-semester long program for faculty on that core area;
- Individually mentor faculty in that core area;
- Create innovative ways to keep faculty engaged in the topic when they are not meeting (e.g., on-line discussions or small group meetings);
- Appropriately use technology to make the series available on-line; and
- Conduct scholarly inquiry on their area of expertise and disseminate their results.
Faculty Development Fellows are typically provided with ¼ time release to develop and run the seminar series.
- Margaret Crouch and Solange Simoes: Global Learning
- Sarah Ginsberg: Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Suzanne Gray: Information Fluency
- Mark Higbee: Reacting to the Past
- Lisa Laverty: Online and Hybrid Learning
- Vanessa Marr: Faculty Development Programming
- Jackie McGinnis: Adjunct Lecturer Support
Please contact us if you would like to propose a FDC Fellows project.