Building Your Resource Network
There are a number of funding sources on and off campus.
- Grants - The Office of Research Development and Administration (ORDA) provides a number of resources for writing grants, including:
- Internal Research Funding - These opportunities support research, creative, and scholarly endeavors. An Internal Research Award Workshop is offered by the FDC to help in the application process. Opportunities include:
- eFellows - An internal grant supporting faculty and lecturers "in obtaining the resources needed to successfully pilot innovative technology-based projects that enhances student-focused instruction in courses and curriculum."
- Fullbright Scholar Program - Awarded to student and scholars in the hope of broadening the understanding of Americans and people of other countries.
- Liggit Family and Friends Teaching & Learning Scholarship - Awarded to an instructor-student pair who exemplify an effective teaching and learning partnership.
- Women in Philanthropy at EMU Grants - Provided to projects that are aligned to the mission and vision of EMU.
Many software packages are offered to EMU faculty and lecturers at reduced or no cost. Some examples include:
- SPSS - A statistical analysis program, it is downloaded on many computers across campus, may be installed on university computers through contacting the Help Desk, and can be purchased at a reduced price using your netID at the Academic Software Center. The FDC provides hands-on SPSS Workshops for those new to the program.
- Zotero - An open source program that can collect, organize, and cite research sources. The Library provides a number of guides and resources in working with the Zotero.
The University has a broad collection of resources available to faculty and lecturers.
- Academic Human Resources - AHR supports recruitment, retention, professional growth, and other aspects of employment with EMU.
- EMU Library - The Halle Library provides a number of resources on their website for faculty including subject librarians, consultation, and room reservations.
- Poster Printing - EMU IT provides cost-effective poster printing on the ground floor of Halle Library.
- Optical/Exam Scanning - All employees are welcome to use the optical scanning service for surveys and score exam answer sheets provided by EMU IT.
- Textbook Alternatives - The Library provides an online tool exploring options for textbook access and alternatives to having students purchase textbooks.