Support for Faculty Research Writing
Research Writers Collaborative
The Writers’ Collaborative is an opportunity for EMU faculty and rwcbookjacketlecturers to meet within disciplinary areas, support each other in developing realistic writing goals (i.e. development of a conference paper, draft of an article, revision of a book chapter, etc.) and gain helpful feedback to meet the expectations of our research agendas.
Writers’ Collaborative Goals:
- Develop healthy writing habits
- Boost writing productivity
- Complete a realistic writing goal by the end of the semester/year
- Meet potential collaborators/colleagues
The FDC partners with EMU Research and the URSLA Committee to help give faculty more information on what awards are offered internally by the University. Faculty who attend these workshops also receive important feedback on how their proposals will be reviewed by a general academic audience.
The Eastern Michigan University Office of Research Development and Administration (ORDA) serves and supports faculty and staff engaged in sponsored activities that promote basic and applied research, public service, teaching, learning, scholarship, and artistic expression.
The Eastern Michigan University Office of Research Development and Administration (ORDA) devotes an area of their website to ethical research compliance. Topics include animal care, conflict of interest, export controls and embargoes, federally funded inventions, human subjects, integrity & misconduct, and research safety.
ISCFC is an applied research institute that offers pre- and post-grant support to faculty, including networking and support for interdisciplinary projects, peer support to help develop projects from proposal to implementation, assistance with grant design and writing, budget development and data collection. Contact: Directors Russ Olwell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fulbright website for faculty applications: CIES
- Fulbright website for student applications: Fulbright Online
- Bill McShane - Program Officer at CIES.org - email@example.com
- EMU Support for International efforts: emich.edu/international-initiatives
- GoToWebinar - Recordings
- Salary and Benefits - Betsy's PowerPoint
- Fullbright in Taiwan - Brian Bruya's PowerPoint
ECAR offers research and analytical resources including the following:
- Research reports
- Member-submitted research
- Case studies
- Data tables
- Maturity and deployment benchmarking indices
- Infographics and interactive graphics
- Slide decks and presentations
- Survey instruments