Eastern Michigan University
- Financial Aid
- Records and Registration
- Student Business Services
- NEW! Online LBC Request Form
- NEW! Online TCA Request Form
General Education Program
Starkweather Hall, 1st Floor
Dr. Chris Foreman
Writing Intensive Course Requirement
Why Writing Intensive Courses?
In Writing Intensive Courses in the Major, students will:
- Develop and employ successful, flexible writing and reading strategies that support sustained inquiry in a discipline.
- Use writing strategies that achieve the purposes for writing and address the expectations of audiences within a disciplinary context.
- Formulate research questions and employ strategies for researching and responding to questions.
- Use discipline-specific genres to communicate information.
- Understand conventions for communicating, disseminating, and interpreting information within a discipline.