Eastern Michigan University
- Financial Aid
- Records and Registration
- Student Business Services
- Tutoring + More
- NEW! Online LBC Request Form
- NEW! Online TCA (Transfer Credit Application) Request Form
General Education Program
Starkweather Hall, 1st Floor
SUMMER 2015 HOURS
- Tues: 9 - 2pm
- All other days, virtually or by appointment only
Dr. Chris Foreman
Writing Intensive Course Requirement
Why Writing Intensive Courses?
In Writing Intensive Courses in the Major, students will:
- Develop and employ successful, flexible writing and reading strategies that support sustained inquiry in a discipline.
- Use writing strategies that achieve the purposes for writing and address the expectations of audiences within a disciplinary context.
- Formulate research questions and employ strategies for researching and responding to questions.
- Use discipline-specific genres to communicate information.
- Understand conventions for communicating, disseminating, and interpreting information within a discipline.