Eastern Michigan University
- Financial Aid
- Records and Registration
- Student Business Services
- Tutoring + More
- Online LBC Request Form
- NEW! TCA & EMU Course Processing System
- Online TCA (Transfer Credit Application) Request Form *OLD System*
General Education Program
344 McKenny Hall
We are generally available for appointments Monday-Thursday from 9am-2pm. To schedule an appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All General Inquires:
FACULTY & STAFF
Facluty Fellows (Fall 2017)
Dr. Doug Baker
Dr. Maria Milletti
Dr. Stephanie Casey
Dr. Ann Blakeslee
Dr. Darlene Leifson
Dr. Brenden Fay
Dr. Jenny Kindred
Dr. John Palladino
Writing Intensive Course Requirement
Why Writing Intensive Courses?
In Writing Intensive Courses in the Major, students will:
- Develop and employ successful, flexible writing and reading strategies that support sustained inquiry in a discipline.
- Use writing strategies that achieve the purposes for writing and address the expectations of audiences within a disciplinary context.
- Formulate research questions and employ strategies for researching and responding to questions.
- Use discipline-specific genres to communicate information.
- Understand conventions for communicating, disseminating, and interpreting information within a discipline.