Eastern Michigan University
Writing Intensive Outcomes
In Writing Intensive courses, students will...
- Develop and employ successful, flexible writing and reading strategies that support sustained inquiry in a discipline
- Use writing strategies that achieve the purposes(s) for writing and address the expectations of audience(s) within a disciplinary context
- Formulate research questions and employ strategies for researching and responding to those questions
- Use discipline-specific genres to communicate information
- Understand conventions for communicating, disseminating, and interpreting information within a discipline