Eastern Michigan University
Schedule of Events
Chairperson: EMU President Susan Martin
Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Kick-Off Breakfast
Student Center Ballroom A (map and directions)
All those who are interested in participating in the American Heart Association's fundraising efforts in Washtenaw County are encouraged to attend this breakfast.
Participants will be able to register for Washtenaw County Heart Walk and receive kits to start fundraising, build teams, and other ways to partner with the AHA.
For more information on participating, contact Christine Mikolajczak at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734.635.5748.
8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Go Red Health and Wellness Expo
Student Center Ballroom B
Visit Student Center Ballroom B to learn your risk for heart disease. Receive valuable information on prevention.
Activities will include:
- Free health screenings: blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar and BMI
- Get your Heart Health Score with My Life Check (http://mylifecheck.heart.org/PledgePage.aspx?NavID=5&CultureCode=en-US)
- Pick up materials to sell hearts in February or have a "Wear Red Day" at your office
- Earn LBC credit by checking out your risk
- Learn about health organizations on campus and in the community
Participants will include:
- Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
- Michigan Heart
- EMU Sports Management
- College of Health and Human Services
- EMU Fashionality
12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Go Red VIP Luncheon
Student Center Ballroom A
EMU President Susan Martin is honored to welcome AHA's outstanding supporters in Washtenaw County. Guests will hear a Women's Heart Health speaker and enjoy a survivor fashion show. This is an invitation-only event. To learn more about obtaining an invitation, contact Christine Mikolajczak email@example.com or 734.635.5748.
Fashion Show is coordinated by EMU's Fashionality.