The Office of Government and Community Relations is now accepting applications for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award.
The MLK Humanitarian Award recognizes individuals from within the University and surrounding community who exemplify the values and ideals of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The criteria for the selection of recipients of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award include:
- A faculty or staff member of the University community or of the broader community;
- A person who exemplifies the values and ideals of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., specifically in the areas of leadership and service; and
- A person who has made a significant contribution to the University and/or broader community.
Nominations must include all of the following:
- A completed Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award Application
- Letter of nomination
- One letter of support (minimum)
- Resume/CV of the nominee.
Completed nomination materials must be received by the EMU Office of Government and Community Relations, 207 Welch Hall or by email to Lauren Ely at email@example.com by Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Only completed applications will be considered. Late applications will not be accepted.
The award will be presented to the recipient, or in the case of a memorial award to representatives of the recipient's family, at the Martin Luther King, Jr. President's Luncheon on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Who We Are: A Liaison Between EMU and Government
The Office of Government and Community Relations serves as the primary liaison between Eastern Michigan University and all levels of government, as well as the local and regional community.
Securing the resources that EMU requires to remain a leading public, comprehensive university requires the active support of our faculty, students, staff and alumni. From this website, you can remain up-to-date on the activities of our office and learn how you can help EMU secure the resources it needs to remain a world-class university.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about our office, or if you would like to become more involved in our work.