All prospective graduate students should submit:
- Completed graduate application
- Application fee ($35)
- A personal statement
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities
- Additional requirements, such as standardized test scores or teacher certification, are determined by each academic department. See program requirements noted in the Graduate Catalog.
- Note: If you have a previous degree from EMU and want to apply to another EMU program and you finished your undergraduate or graduate program within the last two years, you DO NOT need to send new transcripts. If you finished your degree more than two years ago, you WILL NEED TO RESUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS from all universities. The transcripts from other universities are needed to calculate a cumulative undergraduate GPA for graduate admissions, and for graduate faculty to check course prerequisites.
International Graduate students:
All International Students should follow the International Graduate Checklist.
Post Bachelor's Teacher Preparation students need:
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher. Students with below a 2.5 GPA who are seeking admission to the Post-Bachelor's Teacher Preparation should apply for admission as a Second Bachelor's student to begin work that can eventually lead to a teaching certificate. Minimum required undergraduate GPA for Second Bachelor's admission is 2.0.
Students who would like to take graduate courses without formally applying for a specific program of study should still submit all of the above criteria.
An overall GPA of 2.7 or better and a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution are required. If your undergraduate GPA was below a 2.7, seek non-degree admission using the Application for Undergraduate Admission. Your enrollment will be restricted to undergraduate courses.