direct edit

Graduate School

500-level Courses for Undergraduate Students

An undergraduate student may enroll in 500-level courses with instructor, department, and the Office of Records and Registration approval if 1) the student has completed 85 or more hours with a minimum GPA of 2.7, or 2) the student is a member in good standing of the Honors College, has completed 76 or more hours, and has written permission from the Honors College Director. No more than fifteen (15) 500-level credits may be taken by an undergraduate student.

Under no circumstances may an undergraduate student take a 600-level (or higher) course.

Courses taken as described above will appear on the undergraduate transcript and be included in all undergraduate academic calculations (including, but not limited to, academic standing and hours toward graduation). Furthermore, these courses may not be used to satisfy graduate program requirements at a later date.

Request forms are available on the Registrar’s website ( The form must be approved by the instructor and, if applicable, the Honor’s College Director, and then returned to the Office of Records and Registration at the beginning of the semester in which the course will be taken.

Undergraduate Request to take a 500 Level Course Form

Faculty Resources

Graduate School, 200 Boone Hall Phone: 734.487.0042,