The Graduate Dean’s Award for Research Excellence
The Graduate Dean’s Award for Research Excellence is a $250 cash award made in the fall and winter semesters to recognize excellence in ongoing or completed thesis research.
- Submit a completed application form.
- Deadlines to apply are November 15 or fall and March 15 for winter.
Graduate Student Research Support Fund
Note: As of January 22, 2013, we have run out of money for the fiscal year. We will not be accepting any further submissions until the next fiscal year in July.
The Graduate Student Research Support Fund is intended to defray costs associated with thesis and dissertation research. Only full-time graduate students are eligible to apply. Requests may be submitted at any time.
- Submit a completed application form. The application requires an approval signature from your graduate advisor, committee chair, or department head and must include an itemized and justified budget and a copy of the thesis or dissertation prospectus/proposal, visual portfolio, project summary, or similar document that explains the proposed work.
- If research requires Human Subjects approval is necessary, a copy of the approval form must be submitted to the Graduate School before award funds can be released.
- Applications will be reviewed and approved by the Director of the Graduate School. Applicants will be notified of the award decision within two weeks of the submission date. Each applicant may receive no more than one grant. Maximum award amounts will be determined by the size of the budget, volume of requests, and available funding, but will typically fall into the $100-$500 range. Expenses already incurred will not be reimbursed. The GSRSF does not fund subject incentives or gift cards.
- Awardees must submit all requisitions, purchase orders, and travel vouchers to the Director of the Graduate School for approval. When research is completed, awardees must submit a two-page written final report explaining expenditures and specific outcomes of the award.
For Further Information Contact: The Director of the Graduate School, 200 Boone Hall, 734.487.0042, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Division of Academic Affairs has established a fund to provide partial support for graduate student travel. Students will be partially funded to present at a local, state, or international conference a juried paper or poster related to their thesis or dissertation research. The fund is administered by the Graduate School. Current degree-admitted graduate students are eligible for funds; only one award per student will be considered for funding.
- Complete the application form including faculty or department head signature. Submit the application form along with estimated expenses, a description of presentation, and a copy of the conference announcement or letter indicating acceptance of the presentation. Send to James Carroll, Interim Dean, Graduate School, 200 Boone Hall, Ypsilanti, MI 48197.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and funds will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis. Students will be notified of the award decision in writing within two weeks of application submission. Included with the award letter will be a handout, Guidelines for Conference Travel Reimbursement.
- Students who receive conference funding are required to submit a completed University Requisition along with all original receipts attached and a 1-2 page written report about the conference to the Graduate School within two weeks after traveling.
If you have any questions contact the Director of the Graduate School at 734.487.0048 or email@example.com.