Eastern Michigan University
page banner

400-level Courses

Graduate students may choose to enroll in pre-approved 400-level undergraduate courses for graduate credit. Students taking these courses are required to perform additional graduate-level work. Request forms are available in the Office of Records and Registration or their web site. The form must be approved by the instructor and the student's program coordinator and then returned to the Office of Records and Registration at the beginning of the semester in which the course will be taken.

No more than nine hours of 400-level course work may be applied toward a graduate program. Such courses must appear on the student's program of study to be applied toward a degree.

Independent study courses and special topics courses at the 400-level are NOT pre-approved and students may not receive graduate credit. Students must enroll in a 500-level or higher independent study or special topics course.

Request to Enroll in Pre-approved 400 Level Courses Form