Every year the Philosophy Section presents a series of public lectures by leading philosophers. For upcoming events, see our home page. For more information or to suggest a speaker or topic, contact Speaker Series Coordinator Dr. Michael Doan. Events are eligible for LBC credit.
Schedule under development; additional talks and details to be added.
- John Koolage (EMU), "Selective Realism and the Structure of Independent Measurements," Thursday, October 19th, 5:30-7pm at Halle 300
- Elena Ruíz (MSU), "Decolonizing the Ethics of Knowing," Wednesday, November 15th, 5:30-7pm at Halle Auditorium, co-sponsored by Women’s and Gender Studies
- Peter Higgins (EMU), Thursday, January 25th, 5:30-7pm at TBA
- Brian Bruya (EMU), Wednesday, February 28th, 5:30-7pm at TBA
- Distinguished Speaker, Leonard Lawlor (Penn State), Thursday, March 8th, 5:30-7pm at TBA
- Elvira Basevich (U-M Dearborn), Thursday, March 22nd, 5:30-7pm at Halle 300, co-sponsored by Women’s and Gender Studies