Eastern Michigan University
HOMECOMING COURT OFFICIAL GUIDELINES
To apply for Homecoming Court, please complete the application.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Homecoming Court Competition, please feel free to contact the Homecoming Court Competition coordinator, Jo’El Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call (734) 487-3631 and reach him at the Department of Campus Life. Applications are due at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, September 22rd. After that time this form will no longer be available.
Please note that while all dates are solidified, several listed times and locations are still TBA. This page as well as the live Court application will be updated with these times - please check back frequently.
Who Can Compete?
Qualifications include all of the following:
- G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- In good judicial standing
- Currently enrolled EMU student
- Significant and active involvement in making a positive contribution at EMU. Act as a role model for the qualities embraced by the Campus Creed: Integrity, Education, Respect and Relationships.
How Do I Get Started?
Applications are due by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, September 22nd. Please complete the following steps:
- Pay an entry fee of $25.00 to the EMU Ticket Office (locations in Student Center, Quirk Theatre, and Convocation Center). If you pay by check, please make it payable to "Eastern Michigan University." Please write "Homecoming Court" in the memo line of your check and deliver it to Jo’El Williams’ mailbox in the Campus Life suite, 345 Student Center, no later than 10:00am on Friday, September 25th.
- BRING THE TICKET YOU RECEIVE TO THE CANDIDATE MEETING ON SEPT. 25TH (or drop off your ticket inside a labeled envelope to Jo’El Williams at Campus Life; mailbox is located in the Student Center, room 345 no later than 10:00am on Friday, September 25th).
- Submit a fully complete application by following the link listed at the top of this page and completing the form no later than 1:00pm on Tuesday, September 22nd. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR. After completing the application, a form will be provided – please provide this to a nominator who can endorse you as a candidate.
- Nominator forms should be submitted no later than 10:00am on Friday, September 25th.
- Attend the mandatory candidates meeting on Friday, September 25th, time and location TBA. NOTE: Headshots will be taken after the meeting for the voting page so please come photo ready with your running mate.
Expectations for Campaigning
- All contestants are expected to abide by rules of good sportsmanship, standards of good taste, and the Student Code of Conduct throughout the entire course of the court competition.
- Early campaigning through your friends is prohibited.
- Campaigning may not commence until 4 p.m. on Friday, September 25, 2015. Early campaigning, including social media, is grounds for disqualification.
- Further Campaigning rules will be included inside the Homecoming Court Candidate packet that will be given out at the Candidate meeting.
- All candidates MUST ATTEND the following:
- Mandatory candidate meeting TBA
- Homecoming Court Q&A 6:30-8:00pm in the Student Center room 300
- One Street Team shift
- (10:30a - 11:45a (Southern end of campus)
- 4p - 5:15p (Residence Hall “Valley”). Candidates will sign up for shifts at the Candidate Meeting.
- At least 1 additional Homecoming event
- Pep Rally on Friday, October 9, 2015 at 8 p.m. where the court will be announced.
*Non-attendance at any of these events will be cause for immediate disqualification.*
Court Finalist Obligations
All court candidates MUST ALSO ATTEND:
- The halftime show rehearsal (TBA).
- The halftime show during the 3:00p October 10th football game, at which time the Court placements will be announced.
Questions about any step of the candidacy? Please contact Jo’El Williams (email@example.com). He can be reached at (734) 487-3631, or at 345 Student Center (Campus Life).