Eastern Michigan University
If you have any questions or concerns about the Homecoming Court Competition, please feel free to contact the Homecoming Court Competition coordinator, Kriss Floyd, at email@example.com. You can also call (734) 487-3630 and reach her at the Department of Campus Life. We are no longer accepting applications for Homecoming 2014.
Who Can Compete?
Qualifications include all of the following:
• G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
• In good judicial standing
• Currently enrolled EMU student
• Significantly and active involvement in making a positive contribution at EMU. Act as a role model for the qualities embraced by the Campus Creed: Integrity, Education, Respect and Relationships.
How Do I Get Started?
Applications are due by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, September 23rd. Please complete the following steps:
• Pay an entry fee of $20.00 to the EMU Ticket Office (locations in Student Center, Quirk Theatre, and Convocation Center). If you pay by check, please make it payable to "Eastern Michigan University." Please write "Homecoming Court" in the memo line of your check no later than 12:00pm on Friday, September 26th.
• BRING THE TICKET YOU RECEIVE TO THE CANDIDATE MEETING ON SEPT. 26TH (or drop off your ticket inside a labeled envelope to Kriss Floyd at Campus Life; mailbox is located in the Student Center, room 345 no later than 2:00pm on September 26th).
• Submit a fully complete application by following the link listed at the top of this page and completing the form no later than 1:00pm on September 23rd. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR. After completing the application, a form will be provided – please provide this to a nominator who can endorse you as a candidate.
• Nominator forms should be submitted no later than 10:00am on September 26th.
• Attend the mandatory candidates meeting at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014, in McKenny Hall, Room 247. NOTE: Headshots will be taken after the meeting for the voting page so please come photo ready with your running mate.
Expectations for Campaigning
• All contestants are expected to abide by rules of good sportsmanship, standards of good taste, and the Student Code of Conduct throughout the entire course of the court competition.
• Early campaigning through your friends is prohibited.
• Campaigning may not commence until 4 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014. Early campaigning, including social media, is grounds for disqualification.
• Candidates are encouraged to attend various campus events on the Homecoming Week schedule to build visibility and support.
• Further candidacy details are outlined in the Homecoming Court Candidate Packet. To view the Homecoming Court Candidate Packet, Click here. Packets will also be available at the Candidate meeting.
All candidates MUST ATTEND the following:
• Mandatory candidate meeting Friday, September 26, 2014 at 12:30 p.m. in McKenny, Room 247.
• One Spirit Police shift (Tuesday or Wednesday, October 7-8, 2014) (Available shifts are 10am-12pm, 12-2pm and 2-4pm. Candidates will sign up for shifts at the Candidate Meeting.)
• Pep Rally on Friday, October 10, 2013 at 8 p.m. where the court will be announced.
Non-attendance at any of these events will be cause for immediate disqualification.
Court Finalist Obligations
All court candidates MUST ALSO ATTEND:
• The half-time show rehearsal (Saturday, October 11, 2014 at 8:10 a.m.)
• The halftime show during the October 11th football game, at which time the Court placements will be announced (game starts at 1 p.m.).
Questions about any step of the candidacy? Please contact Kriss Floyd (firstname.lastname@example.org). She can be reached at (734) 487-3630, or at 345 Student Center (Campus Life suite).