Eastern Michigan University
To apply for Homecoming Court, Click Here to complete the application. (*No longer accepting applications)
If you have any questions or concerns about the Homecoming Court Competition, please feel free to contact the Homecoming Court Competition coordinator, Caroline Horste, at email@example.com. You can also call (734) 487-3624 and reach her at the Department of Campus Life. Applications are due at 10 a.m. on Friday, September 6. After that time this form will no longer be available.
Who Can Compete?
Qualifications include all of the following:
- G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- In good judicial standing
- Currently enrolled EMU student
- Significantly and active involvement in making a positive contribution at EMU. Act as a role model for the qualities embraced by the Campus Creed: Integrity, Education, Respect and Relationships.
How Do I Get Started?
Applications are due by 10 a.m. on Friday, September 6. Please complete the following steps no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, September 13, 2013:
- Pay an entry fee of $20.00 to the EMU Ticket Office (locations in Student Center, Quirk Theatre, and Convocation Center) by cash, check, money order, or requisition. Checks are to be made payable to "Eastern Michigan University." Please write "Homecoming Court" in the memo line of your check.
- BRING THE TICKET YOU RECEIVE TO THE CANDIDATE MEETING ON SEPT. 6TH. (or drop off your ticket to Caroline Horste at Campus Life; mailbox is located in the Student Center, room 345)
- Submit a fully complete application by following the link below and completing the form. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR. After completing the form, a form will be provided – please provide this to a nominator who can endorse you as a candidate.
- Nominator forms should be submitted ASAP.
- Attend the mandatory candidates meeting at 1 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2013, in EMU Student Center, Room 330.
Expectations for Campaigning
- All contestants are expected to abide by rules of good sportsmanship, standards of good taste, and the Student Code of Conduct throughout the entire course of the court competition.
- Early campaigning through your friends is prohibited.
- Campaigning may not commence until 5 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2013. Early campaigning, including social media, is grounds for disqualification.
- Candidates are encouraged to attend various campus events on the Homecoming Week schedule to build visibility and support.
All candidates MUST ATTEND the following:
- Mandatory candidate meeting Friday, September 6, 2013 at 1 p.m. in EMU Student Center, Room 330.
- One Spirit Police shift (Wednesday, September 18, 2013) (candidates will sign up for shifts at the Candidate Meeting.)
- Pep Rally on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 8 p.m. where the court will be announced.
Non-attendance at any of these events will be cause for immediate disqualification.
Court Finalist Obligations
All court candidates MUST ALSO ATTEND:
The half-time show rehearsal (Friday, September 20, exact time TBA).The halftime show during the September 21 football game, at which time the Court placements will be announced.
Questions about any step of the candidacy? Please contact Caroline Horste (firstname.lastname@example.org). She can be reached at (734) 487-3624, or at 345 Student Center (Campus Life suite).