Eastern Michigan University
Honors Philosophy 110: Philosophies of Life
In this class, we will explore four of the world's most influential philosophies of life, from Marcus Aurelius, Confucius, the Buddha, and Jesus. Each of these philosophies has a distinct understanding of the world, which in turn gives rise to a distinct set of values about how to live in the world. In addition to studying these philosophical systems, students will explore their own fundamental values and beliefs through a series of entertaining and thought-provoking hypothetical questions. Students who have taken this course have said:
- Dr. Bruya was honestly one of the most effective teachers I've had. I am a professional class skipper, but I looked forward to Brian's class.
- He loves what he is doing and his teaching style is interesting in that he promotes interest in the course.
- The structure and flow of this class made me enjoy every minute of it.
- Very effective teaching methods, difficult for students to do poorly.
- What I like most was that he made the course relevant to me and seeing him so happy about class made me want to learn.