Eastern Michigan University

Honors College

direct edit

Departmental Honors

Once students have declared their major, they may pursue departmental honors, leading to distinction in the major or minor. 

Students wishing to pursue Departmental honors should: 

  • Attend the Undergraduate Research/Creative Project Workshop
  • Meet with your Departmental Honors advisor hf
  • Complete the "Intent to Pursue Departmental Honors" form and submit to the Honors College
  • Complete 12 Honors credits (approx. 4 courses) within major or minor, these can be contracted
  • Submit a Senior Thesis Proposal 
  • Attend the Senior Thesis Workshop
  • Complete Senior Thesis or Creative Project 
  • Maintain a 3.3 cumulative GPA 


Be sure to meet with your Departmental Honors advisor for up to date information or other Departmental Honors requirements. If you do not know who your Departmental Honors advisor is, please go to the listing of Colleges to find out.

  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linked in
  • Blog EMU
  • EMU app