Star Lecture Series
Click on the links below to access the videos of our past Star Lectures.
2016-2017: With Justice for All?
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Bernstein: "Seeking Justice through the Gift of Education"
- Dr. Ramona Caponegro: "Advocating for Justice through Children's Literature"
- Dr. Yvette Colón: "Is There Any Comfort To Be Had? Health Care Justice through Pain Management Advocacy"
- Dr. Toni Stokes Jones: "Technology…Leveling the Playing Field"
- Dr. Anne Balazs: "Are Women Moving the Needle in Higher Education?"
- Dr. Dorothy McAllen, "Technology, Justice, and National Security: Technological Utopia or Oxymoron?"
2015-2016: A Life Well-Lived
- Dr. Barry Pyle: "Rights, Wrongs, and Toleration: The Collision of Interests and the U.S. Constitution"
- Prof. Patrick Barry: "The Pursuit of Perfection"
- John Feldkamp: "The Conflicts We Face with our Identities while Pursuing a Well-lived Life"
- Dr. Doris Fields: "A Life Well-Lived: Improving Race Relations on Campus, within the Community, and in the Workplace"
- Cheyenne Luzynski: "Leadership is a CHOICE" (video unavailable)
- Dr. T. Daniel Seely: "The Language that Separates Us" (video unavailable)
2014-2015: Pursuing a Life Well-Lived
- Dr. Heather Neff: "To Seek a Better and Truer Self: How Concepts of Racial Identity Create, Sustain, and Complicate American Culture
- Dr. Kim Schatzel: "Leadership: Styles, Situations, and Self"
- Dr. Brian Bruya: "What is Effortlessness?" (video unavailable)
- Dr. Ron Delph: "The Richly Textured Life"
- Dr. Minnie Bluhm: "Improving the Odds of a Life Well-Lived: Links Between Health and Emotion"
- Dr. Rebecca Sipe, John Feldkamp, Patrick Barry, Reggie Barnes, Tuong-Vi: "Being Prepared for an Unpredictable Life"
2013-2014: Manifestations of Poverty
- Dr. Paul Leighton: "The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Prison" (video unavailable)
- Dr. Linda Williams: "The Effect of Income and Wealth on Educational Outcomes" (video unavailable)
- Dr. Peter Higgins: "Charity, Beneficence, or Justice? Americans' Moral Relation to Global Poverty"
- Dr. Marty Raymond: "Poverty Makes Me Ill"
- Dr. Valerie Polakow: "Foreclosed Childhoods: Poverty, Inequality, and the Violation of Human Rights" (video unavailable)
- Dr. Lynn Nybell: "Manifestations of Poverty: Who Cares? The Cultural Politics of Indifference"
2012-2013: Just Because We Can, Should We?
- (William) John Koolage: "If We Can, Should We? Thoughts on Some Key Ideas"
- Harriet Lindsay: "Ethics and Science"
Michael Scoville: "Ethics and the Global Environment"
- Peter Higgins: "Ethics and Immigration Policy"
- Flora Hoodin: "Just Because We 'Should', Why Should We?" (video unavailable)
- Andrea Weid: "Ethics and Health Care"