2013-14 Academic Year Housing ApplicationThe Residence Life Office welcomes all newly admitted first year, transfer, and former residence hall students to consider living on campus for the coming 2013-14 academic school year. Residence hall living offers convenience to classes, an environment conducive to meeting other students and an opportunity to get involved. The university expects all new incoming freshmen to live on campus unless they are commuting from their parents permanent home.
- Review the residence hall options and dining plan options here.
- Complete the on-line application.
- A $200 prepayment must be made by all new freshmen, transfer and former residence hall students (including those who will be receiving financial aid) when submitting the contract.
- If making payment with cash, check, or money order, print a copy of the contract and take or send together with payment to the Cashier’s Office located in 201 Pierce Hall.
- On-line payment can be made using MasterCard or DiscoverCard, or American Express. The University does not accept Visa. Please note that a service fee is added when using a credit card.
- The recommended deadline to submit a contract is May 1, 2013, however, we continue to accept contracts as long as space is available. Space is limited and many of the halls fill early for the fall.
- The date the application and prepayment is received establishes the order in which an assignment is made.
- The information that you provide helps us to place you in a hall that most closely meets your preferences based on the availability of space at the time your contract and payment is received.
- The preferences that a student makes do NOT constitute a contractual obligation.
- It is not always possible to honor all of a student’s requests.
- No guarantees can be made in terms of room type, hall, or roommate preference.
- The Residence Life Office makes every effort to accommodate requests for a specific roommate provided that space is available to honor the request. Both students absolutely MUST request each other on the contract or a placement together will not be made.
- Students who request each other must submit their contract and $200 prepayment at the same time. Contracts and payments not submitted at the same time will most likely not be able to be placed together.
- Space is not held for a requested roommate if that student does not submit a contract and prepayment at the same time.
- Students will be emailed their hall assignment and roommate information in early August to their EMU email account.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel prior to moving in, the request must be made in writing to the Housing Office at email@example.com using your EMU email account. Cancellation requests sent from another email account will not be accepted. Using your EMU email validates your identity and helps reduce the risk of fraudulent requests.
- Cancellations must be received prior to the dates listed below to be eligible for a credit to the student account:
- Before May 1, 2013: $200 credit
- Before July 1, 2013: $100 credit
- After July 1, 2013: No credit given
- Contracts submitted after May 1 are subject to the same schedule as above.
- Contracts submitted after July 1 would receive no credit if cancellation were to occur.
- Students, who plan to use financial aid funds to cover college expenses, must complete a FAFSA form.
- The FAFSA needs to be submitted as soon as possible or at the very least well before the start of the fall semester to ensure that funds are available prior to classes beginning.
- FAFSA information can be found at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/