Single Room Selection
2013-14 SINGLE ROOM SELECTION
Priority Selection Phase
Room Selection is the process during which current residence hall students have first priority to select a hall for next year's 2013-14 academic year before new incoming freshmen, transfer, or off-campus students are assigned.
Only those students who currently live in the residence halls for the Winter 2013 semester are eligible to particpate in the Priority Room Selection process.
NOTE: Many halls have already filled. If a specific hall is not presented to you on the application, email the Housing Office at email@example.com with your name, EID and the hall that you prefer and we will add your name to the Wait List.
There are no single rooms available at this point.
To reserve a room for Fall 2013, you will need to:
- Complete the on-line application.
- The $200 prepayment is waived only if you currently live in the residence halls for the winter semester.
- Carefully read over all of the following information!
- Questions regarding the room selection process should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Do not direct questions to your RA, the staff at the front desks, or any other office on campus. They are not familiar with Room Selection information and they typically give incorrect information.
- Only questions that are answered via the email@example.com email will to be considered valid. This assures you that you are getting the most accurate information.
Single Room Selection
Hill, Pittman, and Hoyt
You are responsible for reading and knowing all of the information provided. All questions should be directed to the Residence Life email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Financial Aid funds do not necessarily cover the additional cost of a single room. You are responsible for knowing what your specific aid will cover. Any cost that financial aid does not cover becomes your responsibility to fund out of pocket. Consider this information carefully when requesting a single room.
SINGLE ROOM AVAILABILITY
- Single rooms are only available in Hill, Pittman, Hoyt, and the Village.
- To return to your current room, or to request a specific suitemate, the contract should be submitted during the priority period going on now through February 1, 2013.
- Please note that the first 5 floors of Pittman will be incoming freshmen double room occupancy only beginning next fall. Those floors will not be available as single rooms.
- Buildings C, D, & F in the Village will be double rooms only. Only the smaller bedroom in each unit in those specific buildings will be available as single rooms.
- Students are still eligible to apply after the priority deadline, but no guarantee will be made for a specific suitemate request.
- The Residence Life office will not move a student who has been assigned a room during the priority phase to another room in order to accommodate someone whose contract is submitted AFTER the priority deadline.
- Students must decide who they want as a suitemate BEFORE completing the contract. Waiting until after the assignment has been confirmed will result in a request bnot being able to be accommodated.
- Each student must mutually request one another on the contract along with the requested suitemate's username.
- Both students should submit the contract at the same time.
- If a student requests a suitemate and that person does not submit a contract and prepayment by the February 1 deadline, neither of the two will be assigned until such time as both contracts have been submitted.
- Please check with each other to be sure that the contract and has been submitted so as to avoid any assignment delays.
- Students who submit a contract up through May 1, 2013 will receive their fall assignment via email on a rolling basis.
- Students who submit a contract after May 1 will receive email notification in early August.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel the contract, it must be done in writing to the Residence Life office at: email@example.com using your EMU my.emich email account. Cancellation requests sent from any other email addresses are not accepted. Using the my.emich account validates a student's identity and reduces the risk of fraudulent requests.
- Cancellations must be received in writing prior to the dates below in order to avoid being assessed a cancellation fee:
- Before May 1, 2013: No cancellation fee
- Before July 1, 2013: $100 cancellation fee
- After July 1, 2013: $200 cancellation fee
- Contracts submitted after May 1 are subject to the same schedule above.
- Contracts submitted after July 1 would receive no credit if cancellation were to occur.
- Students who expect to use financial aid funds to cover college expenses must complete the 2013 FAFSA form no later than May 1, 2013.
- Students must reapply for a FAFSA each year.
- FAFSA information can be found at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Students completing a contract are committing for the full 8 months of both the fall and winter semesters.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that they have the funds to cover the costs of room and board for the full academic year (September through April) before moving in.
- Once a student moves into their fall assignment, they will not be released from the contract to move off campus, to a sorority/fraternity house, or to commute from home.
- An enrolled student who moves out of the hall anytime during the contract period remains financially obligated for the full room and boards costs for the remainder of the academic year.
Read Before You Proceed!!
Do NOT complete the contract unless you are ready to commit to living on campus for next year. Since an upfront prepayment is not being asked of current residence hall students, only those that know they will be living on campus next year should proceed.
If you are unsure of what you will be doing for the fall, you may want to wait until your plans are finalized.
After you submit the information, the last page will ask for a prepayment. You do NOT need to make the payment. You can log out when you get to that page. We will apply waivers at the end of each day; therefore you will continue to see the payment needed page up to 24 hours after you submit the contract.