What to Bring
- Pillow, bed linens, blanket, mattress pad, towels, and wash cloth.
- Wise, Buell, Downing, Phelps, Sellers, Walton, Putnam and the Village have extra long mattresses - 36" X 80".
- Best has a mixture of regular and extra long mattresses.
- Hill and Pittman have full size mattresses
- Trash can and trash bags
- General cleaning and laundry supplies
- Facial tissue and toilet paper suggested
- Clothes hangers
- Extension cord with surge suppressors
- School supplies such as scissors, pens, pencils, and stapler
- Safety device for personal computer or laptop
Things to coordinate with your roommate
- Television and stereo equipment
- Mini refrigerator (cannot exceed 4 cubic feet or 115 volts)
- Loft (only permitted in Best and Wise halls)
- Extra storage baskets and boxes
- Area rug
- Extra chair
- Consider Insurance
For your safety and the community, these items are not allowed
· Pets, except for freshwater non-flesh eating varieties
· Halogen lamps
- Candles and incense
- George Foreman grills, hot plates, space heaters and other direct heat source appliances. Microwaves and coffee pots are allowed.
- Air conditioners
Housing recommends you mark all belongings with your name and cell phone number when you move in. This is especially true for First Year Students moving in on the morning of September 1st. Many faculty, staff, student organizations, sports teams and the Greek community are available to help move belongings in and this helps in the unlikely event something is misplaced.
Please note that there are no landlines in student rooms so bring a cell phone. Landline service can be contracted independently and at student expense through Comcast.