318 Porter Building
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Athletic Training Students
Athletic Trainer Student Pictures - Coming Soon!
Grievance Procedures for the Athletic Training Education Program
These procedures are in place to allow students to grieve the Athletic Training Education Program in the following situations:
- Denial into the ATTR 225, Practicum I course
- Probation in the Athletic Training Education Program
- Removal from the Athletic Training Program
All other formal student grievances (e.g. grades) would follow standard Eastern Michigan University procedures.
The procedures are as follows:
1) The student must submit a written appeal to the Athletic Training Grievance Committee within 5 academic days after denial into the program, receipt of probation letter, or removal from program notification.
The Grievance Committee will consist of
- One academic administrator within the College of Health and Human Services
- One faculty member outside of the Athletic Training Education Program, but within the School of Health Promotion and Human Performance
- One candidate athletic training student
2) The Grievance Committee will schedule a meeting with the student.
3) The procedures for the meeting are as follows:
a) The student, with our without representation/faculty support will present their "case" to the committee
b) The Athletic Training Education representative(s) will present the rationale for denial, probation, or dismissal.
c) The Grievance Committee will vote (by majority rule) on whether to uphold the Athletic Training Program’s decision or to overturn it.
d) The Grievance Committee will respond in writing to the student and the Athletic Training Education representative within 2 academic days of their decision.