318 Porter Building
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Exercise Science Advising
Declaration of Intent
As soon as you decide that you would like to major in Exercise Science, you must complete the following two steps.
1) Declare your major with the University
• 200 McKenny Hall
• Online (www.emich.edu/aac/majmin.htm)
2) Declare your major with the School of HPHP
• Obtain yellow sheet from department - 318 Porter Building
• or Online Exercise Science Declaration of Major Form
• Turn in completed sheet to the program coordinator
Step 2 must be completed to obtain an advisor in the program.
By completing step two, you will be assigned an academic advisor from within the Exercise Science Program.
Completing step two does not guarantee formal program admission. By completing step one, your academic advisor will be assured of receiving your bi-annual progress report distributed by the Records office.
After steps one and two are completed, you are considered an Exercise Science Intent. In order to take certain upper level classes, perform your internship and graduate with a degree in Exercise Science from Eastern Michigan University, you must be admitted to Candidacy.
Note: If you are also planning on majoring in Pre-Med, you must also declare this intent in Pierce Hall.