318 Porter Building
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Graduate Studies in Sport Management
This is an exciting time to be interested in the field of sport management. New leagues are forming, many colleges are expanding their athletic departments, and the job market is wide open. Job opportunities include high school athletic director, facilities manager, assistant athletic director/operations, marketing, and sports information.
The Sport Management program at Eastern Michigan University is designed for students who are interested in athletic administration (high school sports) and sport management in elite level sports (such as collegiate sport). Although we have a program of study for our students, we remain flexible so that students can receive the education that is best suited for their future careers.
The objectives for the program include students having the following skills:
1. Conduct and utilize research for problem solving;
2. Acquire skills and knowledge necessary to perform in a variety of sport administrative/management roles;
3. Develop an in-depth understanding of sport administration;
4. Receive preparation for future graduate work at the doctoral level;
5. Receive preparation for diverse employment opportunities; and
6. Utilize ethics when making decisions concerning professional and personal behaviors.
If you are interested in applying, applications are located on the EMU website (link here to: http://www.emich.edu/admissions) The GRE is not required for admission to the program.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Brenda Riemer at 734-487-2830 or by email at email@example.com.