Eastern Michigan University
Develops, implements, counsels and enrolls all faculty and staff in specific benefit programs. Processes all benefit claims. Administers the employee tuition waiver program. Administers all University retirement programs and processes tax deferred annuity plans.
OPEN ENROLLMENT IS OCT. 31 - NOV. 14
It's that time of year again - this year's open enrollment period for benefits. During the open enrollment period, you can:
- Change your health, dental and life insurance coverage
- Add an eligible dependent to your coverage or remove a dependent
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) for the coming year*
- Complete a health care waiver, if you wish to opt-out of the EMU health plan
REMINDER: FSAs and HSAs require an election each calendar year per IRS rules. If you do not make a new election during open enrollment, you will not have a FSA for 2015. If you participate in the PPO / HSA Option, you must also make a new election to have money deducted from your paycheck during 2015.
Click this link for more open enrollment information.
Win a FREE TABLET COMPUTER as you learn more about saving and investing for retirement
We're participating in a national "Save for Retirement" campaign throughout the benefits open enrollment period. From Oct. 15 to Nov. 15, you can complete a daily challenge and have your name entered into a drawing to win one of three tablet computers. Recipients are selected by TIAA-CREF and will be announced shortly after the challenge ends. To learn more and start the challenge, click here or on the image to the right.
FALL INTO FITNESS AT THE ANNUAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AND WELLNESS FAIR
- Free Flu Shots for All Employees Enrolled in the EMU Health Plans - bring your BCBSM card
- Benefits Staff and Vendors available to answer open enrollment questions
- Local vendors announcing discounts, including Sam's Club
- Treats and giveaways - enter drawings for great prizes donated by our vendors
- Free EMU Sweatshirt when you complete BCBSM health check and health risk assessment
Benefits & Wellness Fair (click here for flyer)
Friday, October 31
Noon to 4:00 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
Group Faculty / Staff Exercise Classes at REC-IM
Click here for details.
Employee Service Recognition 2014
Please join in congratulating employees who have achieved 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 years of service with EMU. These employees were recognized at the Annual Employee Recognition event on March 24, 2014. Click on this link to see the list of 2014 service award honorees by Division. To see photos of the honorees and scenes from the event, please click on this link. Honorees may add or remove photos by contacting the Benefits Office at 734-487-3195.
Retirement Plan Changes
Employees classified as Athletic Coaches (AC), Administrative Hourly (AH), Administrative Professional (AP) and Confidential Assistant (CA) are subject to the following employee benefit changes:
Retirement Plan Change - Effective November 1, 2014
Health Plan Contribution Change - Effective January 1, 2015
Town Hall Meeting Presentation - Summary of Retirement and Health Plan Changes
Pay Advice Examples
Examples show different retirement and health plan scenarios - use the bookmark feature to access the scenarios you would like to review. These examples are for illustrative purposes only, and are not intended to be, nor should be construed as tax advice.
TIAA-CREF Meeting Schedule
Sign up today for your personal financial planning session, space is limited. Click on a link below for registration details.
October 2014 - TIAA-CREF Financial Planning Session
November 2014 - TIAA-CREF Financial Planning Session
December 2014 - TIAA-CREF Financial Planning Session
You can attend a session if TIAA-CREF or MPSERS if your primary retirement plan. Also come to the Benefits and Wellness Fair at the main campus to speak with representatives from TIAA-CREF, MPSERS and the Social Security Administration. Click here for more details.
Employee Self Service
Follow the steps below to see your 2014 employee benefits and payroll deductions
- Log into myemich
- Click on the Employee tab from the Self-Service options
- Click on Benefits and Deductions - Regular Staff and Faculty Only
- Click on Benefit Statement
- Click Select (there will be a dot by My Benefit Summary)
- Click Select to see current benefits (Current will be shown in box, or you can change to a previous year)
You will see a summary of your 2014 benefit coverages, and current payroll deductions/percentages
More Ways to contact the Benefits office
ASK Benefits - click on this link.
Email the Benefits Office at email@example.com.
Call the Benefits Office at 734-487-3195.
Visit the Benefits Office at 140 McKenny Hall between 8am and 5pm weekdays.