Eastern Michigan University
Develops, implements, counsels and enrolls all faculty and staff in specific benefit programs. Processes all benefit claims. Administers the employee tuition waiver program. Administers all University retirement programs and processes tax deferred annuity plans.
Oct. 31 - Nov. 14, 2014
It's that time of year again - this year's open enrollment period for benefits. During the open enrollment period, you can:
- Change your health, dental and life insurance coverage
- Add an eligible dependent to your coverage or remove a dependent
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) for the coming year*
- Complete a health care waiver, if you wish to opt-out of the EMU health plan
REMINDER: FSAs and HSAs require an election each calendar year per IRS rules. If you do not make a new election during open enrollment, you will not have a FSA for 2015. If you participate in the PPO / HSA Option, you must also make a new election to have money deducted from your paycheck during 2015.
For all EMU-enrolled groups, except FMs: If you do not change your benefit election during open enrollment, you will be enrolled in the same benefit plans at the same level of participation that you have now, with a few exceptions:
- You must enroll in the flexible spending account or health savings accounts each year you want to contribute
- You must complete a dental benefits dependent eligibility form if you currently have a dependent aged 19-24 enrolled in the dental plan and you wish that dependent to remain on the plan in 2015
- Facilities and Maintenance (FM) Employees Are Required to Make a Health Plan Election for 2015. Facilities and Maintenance (FM) employees have new health plan options for 2015 and must make an election during open enrollment in order to have health coverage for 2015.
OPEN ENROLLMENT RESOURCES
Open Enrollment Meetings
Please review the chart for meeting dates and times.
For Blue Cross Blue Shield Presentation on 2015 Health Benefits click
- Medicare Part D - Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998
- Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 (CHIPRA)
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
Health Plan Rates & Waivers
2015 Health Plan Rates - updated 11/13/14
Other Important Information