Eastern Michigan University
The Compensation office is responsible for developing compensation programs, policies, and approaches that meet our unique needs to attract and retain our diverse workforce.
The University's compensation philosophy is rooted in three core values of integrity, diversity, and quality. The following two important objectives guide and direct the wage and salary program.
1. Attract and Retain Top Talent
- Promote skills and knowledge
- Reward superior performance
- Monitor both internal and external equity
2. Efficient Administration
- Comply with all federal and state laws
- Protect the University's financial resources
- Ensure that administrative procedures are user-friendly & responsive
To accomplish these objectives, the University will provide a wage and salary program that establishes and maintains competitive salary levels within relevant markets and available resources, and which is consistent with job content, responsibilities, and requirements.
Wage and salary increases cannot, in any manner, be dependent upon the number of or success in securing enrollments or the award of financial aid per Department of Education requirements.