Eastern Michigan University
The Employment office develops and maintains the University's job posting and applicant management system and related policies and procedures to assist Eastern Michigan University departments in the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce.
Graduate Student Employment
The information below pertains to graduate student appointments at Eastern Michigan University in the following GS employment classifications:
- Graduate Assistants,
- Teaching Assistants, and
- Doctoral Fellows.
- Click here to review the Academic eligibility requirements to have a graduate student appointment.
- Appointments are posted at www.emich.edu/jobs.
- Open appointments are posted, advertised, and aligned with academic semesters (Fall or Winter).
- To express interest in a vacancy please create an account with a username, password, and email address. You may need to upload documents that the department may request (e.g., resume, cover letter)
- Resumes are not accepted via email, fax, or US mail. Applicants need to express interest in a specific posting online.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide on applying for an open position. Click here to view an online tutorial.
- Applicants can check the status of their graduate assistantship application at anytime online. Application status is not shared over the phone.
- Click here to review the Graduate Assistant stipend schedule.
- Click here to review the Graduate Assistantship benefits and policies.
- New Graduate Student Employment paperwork is located at www.emich.edu/newhires.
Hiring Authority information
Policies, Procedures and Forms
- Click here to review Graduate Employment Policies and Procedures.
- Click here for the GA White Card.
- Click here for Academic Calendars.
- Click here for Payroll Calendars.
ePAF Information and Resources
- Click here for Graduate Employee (GA, TA, DF) ePAF Work Aid
- For additional ePAF Training Resources, click here for:
- Work Instructions
- Video Tutorials
- Navigation Tools
- Click here for a Glossary of ePAF Codes and Fields
- Click here to request ePAF access