Eastern Michigan University
The Employment office develops and maintains the University's job posting and applicant management system and related policies and procedures to assist Eastern Michigan University departments in the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce.
Eastern Michigan University offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance; a TIAA-CREF retirement plan with employer contributions; an outstanding vacation and time off policy; a tuition waiver program and much more.
Click here to view highlights of the University's total rewards program. For specific information by employment classification, click here to review the Benefits in Brief information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for an open position?
- First time users will need to create an online account through our jobs site at www.emich.edu/jobs. Once you have established a profile, you will be able to submit your application for an open position.
- NEOGOV toll free help desk phone number is (877) 204-4442 from 9:00am to 9:00pm EST.
- Applications and other required documents (i.e. resume, cover letter) are only accepted online and must be received by the posted deadline.
- To create a login account you will need to establish a username and password, have a valid email address, and set-up a security question and answer.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide on applying for an open position. Click here to view an online tutorial.
What if I need assistance applying for a job due to a disability?
- If you have questions or require application assistance, please contact the University Human Resources office at (734) 487-3430 during normal business hours. If you have difficulty participating in the online application process due to a disability, please identify such, when contacting us and every effort will be made to accommodate your request for reasonable accommodation
How do I check the status of my application?
- The status of your application cannot be shared with you over the phone. However, you may check the status online at anytime. You will be notified by phone or e-mail if you are selected to move forward in the process. You will also be notified by e-mail if a position has been cancelled or filled by another candidate who more closely matched the qualifications of the position.
How long does it take to fill open positions?
- The majority of the University's open positions are posted on Sunday and are open for six business days. The University conducts a competitive recruitment for all posted positions to identify and attract a diverse and qualified candidate pool. Time-to-fill depends upon if the position is within of a collective bargaining unit. In some cases, there are contractual requirements on who is selected for a vacant position or included in an applicant pool.
I am nervous to enter my personal information into an online system. Is my personal information safe?
- Absolutely safe. Your data will be received by professionals at EMU who are qualified to handle confidential information.
- Our website does require you to enter personal information including your social security number. But all information submitted is confidential, secure and cannot be viewed by any outside source. Our system provides a layer of security called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to protect your personal data when it is transmitted on the Internet. When SSL is in place, all data is encrypted as it is sent across the Internet. When data is encrypted, it cannot be read by someone monitoring Internet traffic. This is the same security used when you shop on the Internet or do online banking. When you are visiting a Web site that uses SSL, you will notice the URL in the address line begins with "https" instead of the standard "http". Our vendor also employs multi-level Cisco PIX firewalls to prevent external intrusions and ensure the security and integrity of client data.
What if I don't have access to a computer?
- A computer station is available in Human Resources, 140 McKenny