Eastern Michigan University
The Employment office develops and maintains the University's job posting and applicant management system and related policies and procedures to assist Eastern Michigan University departments in the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce.
Updating Your Permanent Mailing Address
Every employee must have a permanent mailing address, which is used to populate official payroll and benefits documents. Employees can use the Update Addresses and Phones link to change their permanent mailing address and phone number. From this same link, the employee can also enter a new mailing address.
Note: The Update Address and Phones feature uses a technology called Clean Address. This technology is used to ensure our addresses are up-to-date and accurate. Clean Address verifies against U.S. Postal Service (USPS) address data, Canada Post address data, and address data from postal authorities in more than 240 countries and territories. During this verification process, Clean Address will perform the following:
- Append, update, or correct zip codes and postal codes
- Attempt to correct addresses - down to the apartment level
- Correct most spelling errors
- Format addresses to postal authority standards
Contact Human Resources at 734.487.3431 if you feel that Clean Address has corrected your permanent mailing address in error or if you are uncertain of the meaning for a displayed error message.
Follow these directions to change you permanent mailing address and phone number:
- Navigate to the Personal Information menu. See Personal Information Menu Overview for more information.
- Click the Update Addresses and Phones link.
3. The Update Addresses and Phones - Select Address page is displayed. Click the Current link to the left of your permanent mailing address.
Note: A list of addresses, including your campus address and your permanent mailing address is displayed on the Update Addresses and Phones page; however, you can only change (e.g., correct a typo) your permanent mailing address. Alternately, use the Type of Address to Insert field and click the Submit button to add a new address.
4. The Addresses & Phones - Update/Insert page is displayed. Make any desired changes.
5. When you are finished making your desired changes, navigate to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button.
Note: If there are no errors, the Update Addresses and Phones page is displayed. Common error messages include:
- Address out of range - This error message occurs when the street number is missing or incorrect. The system should display a list of suggested street addresses just below the error message, gleaned directly from the postal authority's database.
- Unknown street - This error message is displayed when the street name does not exist in the postal authority's database. The system should display a list of suggested street names just below the error message, gleaned directly from the postal authority's database.
6. When you are finished, click the Personal Information tab to return to the Personal Information menu.