Eastern Michigan University
The Training and Organizational Development office provides ongoing professional and organizational learning opportunities to assist Eastern Michigan University departments in enhancing and sustaining individual, team and organizational performance
Welcome to the dedicated site for University New Hires!
Upcoming Staff New Hire Onboarding Schedule Dates
- Monday, April 7th, 2014
- Monday, April 21st, 2014
- Monday, May 5th, 2014
- Monday, May 19th, 2014
Staff New Hire Onboarding Paperwork
- Employee Data Sheet
- Voluntary Self-Identification Form
- Direct Deposit Form
- Federal Tax Form
- Michigan Tax Form
- Certificate Michigan Non-Residency Form
- Ohio Tax Form
- Parking Hang-Tag Form
- My.Emich and Email Activation:
New Hire Onboarding Information
- Onboarding Agenda: Content includes the University Profile, Training & Professional Development opportunities, Benefit Programs, Payroll information, IT resources and more! Click here for documents to bring to Onboarding.
- Onboarding Location: 100 McKenny Hall, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Parking and Campus Map (Color , Black and White)
- Employment Perks Video
- Form I-9 acceptable identification documentation list
- Benefit in Briefs Overview
- Payroll Calendar
- Performance Reviews and Management
- Self-Service Portal (my.emich). Click here to activate your account.
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- New Hire Required Training Reference Guide
- Computer & University Systems: IT offers a training and system reference guides. Your supervisor will identify which systems you need access to. Click here for information.
- Office Keys: Your supervisor will be able to assist you with acquiring office keys. The Key Office is located on the North side of the Parking Structure, First Floor, on Structure Drive just off Oakwood. Click here for more information.
- University Travel and Payment Card: The University's travel and expense system is Concur. Click here for more information on the Accounts Payable site.
- Vacation time usage within 1st year of employment: The Payroll department requires that the vacation request form (click here) be completed prior to using vacation time within the first year of employment.
- Web Time Entry (WTE): This system is used to report, track, and review pay period hours. Employees can record their hours and make corrections to their time sheets or leave reports from anywhere via the Internet. Click here for more information.
- University Profile and Leadership
- Athletics Department
- Business and Finance Info Booklet
- Campus Communication & Alerts
- EMU Today (daily notices, and campus activities and events)
- Dining Services & Meal Plan Memberships
- Gym - REC/IM Memberships
- Policies and Procedures (Board of Regents, Human Resources)
New Graduate Employment (GAs, TAs, Doc Fellows) Employment Forms
- New Graduate Employee Checklist
- Form I-9: Complete Section 1 and bring the form and proper identification with you to Human Resources, 140 McKenny Hall.
- Parking Form: Contact your department for processing and White Card - extended library privileges. Click here for more info on campus parking.
- Michigan Tax Form: Complete the form at submit to the Payroll Department, 104 Hover Building.
- Log into my.emich.edu to complete your Federal Tax Form and to Consent to a background investigation. International students must make an appointment with the Payroll staff at (734) 487-2393.
- Click here to obtain and activate your Eagle OneCard. Stipends are directly deposited into this account.
- Click here to complete Sexual Harassment Prevention. Print certificate and bring to Human Resources, 140 McKenny Hall.
Ongoing Resource Links