The Human Resources Department is here to help you with the hiring process and make sure you get the right fit in finding your new hires. Here's some information on the hiring process.
- After you receive approval to fill a position, your HR recruitment coordinator will post it to Eastern’s job board and contracted job posting sites. Request additional job posting sites from your HR coordinator. Positions are typically posted on Sunday and stay open for six business days.
- Your HR coordinator reviews the applicants after the position closes, then turns them over to you.
- You'll then download the Employee Selection Workbook.
- You can log into the online hiring system to review the candidate pool and conduct the selection process.
- Once you complete the process, you’ll submit the workbook to your HR coordinator.
- The HR coordinator reviews selection process documentation.
- You’ll complete the online hiring proposal.
- You, the HR director, the compensation and employment departments then finalize the employment offer for the selected candidate.
- You’ll extend the employment offer contingent upon a background investigation, finalize a start date aligning with a bi-weekly onboarding date and let the HR coordinator know.
- HR coordinator does a background investigation and, upon results, emails offer letter to you and the new hire.
Are you hiring a graduate student? Visit our hiring a graduate student resource center.
Need some help with the process? Find the right person to contact [PDF].