New Employee Orientation
Welcome to Eastern! We're excited to help you start your career at Eastern. Your first step is to attend orientation on campus in 100 McKenny Hall. Here are directions to where to park. From I-94, take exit 183 and head north on N. Huron St. Turn left onto W. Cross St. then right onto Oakwood St. Take the first right onto McKenny Blvd. and turn right into the pay lot.
Make sure to park in the paid lot on the corner of Oakwood St. and Washtenaw St. to avoid getting a parking ticket. When you are in parking lot and Oakwood St. is behind you, McKenny Hall is the building in front of you. When you enter the building, head downstairs.
2017 Orientation Dates
All sessions are on Fridays and run from 9 a.m.–noon.
- June 30
- July 14 or 28
- August 11 or 25
- September 8 or 22
- October 6 or 20
- November 3 or 17
- December 1
What to bring?
Bring your parking ticket from the pay lot inside for validation and any of your documentation you haven’t submitted yet. (e.g. I-9 form, signed offer letter, etc.) We look forward to meeting you and helping you transition into your new position at EMU.
Graduate/Teaching Assistants or Doctoral Fellows
Here are some things you can do to get started on your orientation process.
- Log into my.emich.edu to complete your federal tax form and consent to a background investigation. If you are an international student, please make an appointment with payroll by calling 734.487.2393 to complete this process.
- Complete the State of Michigan tax form [PDF]
- Complete sexual harassment training.
- Employment eligibility verification form I-9 [PDF]
- Obtain and activate your Eagle OneCard.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice [PDF]
- Find out where to park.