New Employee Orientation
Welcome to Eastern! We're excited to help you start your career at Eastern. Once a month, we host our New Hire Orientation program to fully emerse new employees into EMU's culture.
2017 Orientation Dates
All sessions are on Fridays and run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- September 15, Student Center, room 104
- October 20, Student Center, room 304
- November 17, McKenny Hall, room 140
- December 8, Student Center, room 302
How to Get to Campus
New Hire Orientation is hosted in either the Student Center or in McKenny Hall. On the campus map, both buildings are located closest to Oakwood St. To reach campus from I-94, take exit 183 and head north on N. Huron St. Turn left onto W. Cross St. then right onto Oakwood St.
- McKenny Pay Lot: From Oakwood St. take the first right onto McKenny Blvd. and turn right into the pay lot.
- Student Center Pay Lot: Continue on Oakwood St. and take the seventh right into the pay lot.
Graduate/Teaching Assistants or Doctoral Fellows
Here are some things you can do to get started on your orientation process.
- Log into my.emich.edu to complete your federal tax form and consent to a background investigation. If you are an international student, please make an appointment with payroll by calling 734.487.2393 to complete this process.
- Complete the State of Michigan tax form [PDF]
- Complete sexual harassment training.
- Employment eligibility verification form I-9 [PDF]
- Obtain and activate your Eagle OneCard.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice [PDF]
- Find out where to park.