or email: email@example.com
Required Content for Portfolio
Please note: Portfolios must include all required components in order to be eligible for a full review. Should an incomplete portfolio be submitted it will not be reviewed. Any questions you have regarding content required for the portfolio will be addressed at the group information sessions.
- Identification page: Include your name, address, phone, EMU student number (if applicable), email, and the date you submitted the portfolio. In addition, be sure your first and last names are on the spine of the portfolio.
- Table of contents
- Transcripts: Include OFFICIAL SEALED transcripts from ALL previous coursework taken at other colleges and universities. We will accept an unofficial transcript from EMU only.
- Grades in pre-requisite courses:
To be considered for admission to the Occupational Therapy program, applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better and have completed all of the 6 pre-requisite courses listed below with a minimum grade of B- for each pre-requisite course.
Completed within last 5 years.
IHHS 260 OR
Aging to Infancy: A Life Course OR
Life Span Human Growth and Development
Quantitative Applications in Sociology (*see below)
Anatomy and Physiology I (w/lab)
Anatomy and Physiology II (w/lab)
*Statistic courses that will also meet the program requirement include: SOCL 250, PSY 205, MATH 170, 360, 370, 571, 573, 574, EDPS 621, 651.
All pre-requisite courses from outside universities and colleges must be pre-approved by the OT intent advisor prior to submission of your portfolio. This pre-approval process can be time consuming so please plan accordingly. Please email the advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Results of the GRE General Test
- Academic reference: Must be on official letterhead and follow the required Academic Reference Letter Criteria.
- Documentation of 100 volunteer hours including:
- 20 hours with an OT in any setting
- 20 hours in an agency committed to social justice and community welfare.
- 60 hours at an agency where the focus is on individuals with occupational performance issues.
- Documentation and volunteer experiences should be completed on the Volunteer Reference Forms.
- Reflective Writing: See Reflective Writing Forms.
Please remember the deadline for submission of portfolios is August 1st of each year.
Please submit portfolios to:
School of Health Sciences
Eastern Michigan University
313 Marshall Building
Ypsilanti, MI 48197