313 Everett L. Marshall Building
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Student Therapeutic Recreation Organization (S.T.R.O.)
On behalf of the Student Therapeutic Recreation Organization, we would like to welcome you to the Eastern Michigan University Therapeutic Recreation Program.
The Student Therapeutic Recreation Organization (STRO) is a recognized campus organization consisting of therapeutic recreation students in the curriculum. General business meetings are held monthly and minimal membership fees are assessed each semester. Goals of the organization include promoting the profession of Therapeutic Recreation, service, social, and fund raising activities.
Benefits of joining STRO:
- It looks good on a Resume!
- Outreach and Education (Presenting to local high schools, information booths around campus, maintenance of the TR bulletin board located in Marshall.)
- Social opportunities with fellow Therapeutic Recreation students (annual parties, lunch outings, conference trips)
- STRO Apparel (t-shirts, long sleeved shirts and more)
- Students interested in joining STRO are urged to contact the STRO faculty advisor through the TR program or speak to a STRO officer.
There are other positions available, if you would like to fill one of these positions please contact anyone listed above. In addition, you do not have to be an officer to participate everyone is welcome! We welcome all opinions and ideas for STRO.