Eastern Michigan University
Java Vulnerability on Computers: Action RequiredPosted on 03/25/2013 at 8:00am
Due to a series of Java vulnerabilities on Windows and Mac computers, users must uninstall all old versions of Java and install the newest Java Version.
Follow these Windows instructions to remove the old Windows version(s) of Java:
- Using your web browser, navigate to http://java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp
- Follow the instructions to uninstall all version(s) of Java prior to the current version.
Follow these Windows instructions to install the newest Java versions:
- Using your web browser, navigate to http://java.com/en/download/help/ie_online_install.xml
- Follow the instructions to download and install the latest version of Java. This version resolves the security vulnerability and is compatible with all EMU enterprise applications (e.g., Banner, Application Xtender, AppWorx).
Follow these Mac OS 10.6 instructions to install the newest Java versions:
- Click the Apple menu and select Software Update. Your system will update to the latest version of Java 6.
Follow these Mac OS 10.7-10.8 instructions to install the newest Java versions:
- Go to http://java.com and click the "Free Java Download" button to download and install the most recent version of Java 7.
For assistance, contact your local campus technician or the IT Help Desk. The Help Desk is open Monday - Thursday, 8am - 8pm and Friday 8am - 5pm and can be reached at (734) 487.2120.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197