Eastern Michigan University
Each year the Computer Refresh Program Committee determines a set of minimum support standards for computer systems on campus. Computers which fall below the minimum standards will not be supported.
Standards for the coming year are announced at the beginning of a computer refresh cycle to assist departments in selecting systems which need to be replaced. Departments then have approximately 5-6 months to replace systems before new minimum support standards are set.
2015 STANDARDS (effective 1/1/2015)
PC/Windows Minimum Standards
- Windows 7 (English Versions Only)
- 4GB RAM
- Desktop: Dell Optiplex GX755 or equivalent
- Laptop: Dell Latitude E6400 or equivalent
- Microsoft Office 2010
Macintosh Minimum Standards
- Capable of running Mac OS X 10.9 (English Versions Only)
- 4 GB RAM
- Desktop and Laptop: Intel Processor
- Microsoft Office 2011
The Help Desk maintains a list of browsers that are tested for compatibility with different programs. Please view Supported Browsers for more information.
Printer Minimum Standards
- Must contain an internal network card
- Must print with toner instead of ink
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197