Eastern Michigan University
Mailing Label and Data Extract Requests
Mailing labels and data extracts for students or faculty/staff can be requested by submitting two forms, a Request for Service (RFS) and a Supplement Form.
For student requests, please read the FERPA Notification form. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records. By submitting a request for student data, you affirm that you have read and understand the FERPA requirements and restrictions on student data and will adhere to them.
Non-directory information on students is available only to school officials who have a legitimate educational interest in reviewing an educational record in order to fulfill their professional responsibilities.
Processing times vary, based upon the complexity of the request and availability of resources. Allow at least ten (10) business days for processing. All required information must be complete or your request may not be processed correctly.
1. Download either the Supplement Form for Student Data Requests (Word) or Supplement Form for Faculty/Staff Data Requests (Word). After completing the required information on the form, save the form to your hard drive.
2. Download the Request for Service form (Word). Instructions for the RFS are contained on the form. After completing the required information on the form, save the RFS form to your hard drive.
3. Email the two saved forms as attachments to the person identified as the approver for your department or division (please see list of authorized approvers).
4. After reviewing the RFS, the approver will forward the requester's email with the attachments to the Division of I.T. at PMO@list2.emich.edu.
5. Once your request is received and processed, you will receive a confirmation email with a Project Number that you can use for any follow up.
If you have questions, please contact Shucha Grover at 734.487.4466.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197