Eastern Michigan University
Windows 7 Resources
- Quickly perform your day-to-day tasks with improved Desktop Navigation.
- Experience faster and safer web surfing with Internet Explorer 9.
- Multitask efficiently using the newest Windows Taskbar tools.
- Find files and programs instantly with Windows Search.
- Open your most used programs and files with just a click using Jump Lists.
- Navigate multiple open windows with more easily using Peek, Shake, and Snap.
- Organize lots of files, documents, and photos effortlessly using Windows Libraries.
We recommend getting started by taking a hands-on tour of Windows 7. Once you have completed the tour, visit the Microsoft site and wander through their extensive library documents and videos. Here are a couple of links to get you started.
- Get to know Windows - Find out what else you can do with Windows 7
- Windows Help & How To - Find answers and troubleshoot Windows 7
In addition, the EMU eTraining site offers a number of Windows 7 books online, including:
|Windows 7 for Dummies (by Andy Rathbone) - Whether you are new to computers or just eager to start using the newest version of Windows, this plain-English guide will help you get comfortable using all aspects of Windows 7 to manage files, applications, media, and Internet access.|
|Windows 7 Made Simple (by Kevin Otnes) - By showing you how to unlock the potential and power of Microsoft's latest operating system, this practical guide will help you discover the gateway to email, the Web, work, entertainment, and fun via Windows 7.|
|Getting Started with Windows 7 (by Joseph Moran & Kevin Otnes) - Whether this is your first time with Windows, you are switching from another operating system, or you are upgrading from Windows XP or Vista, this book highlights the features that will make your time in Windows more productive and pleasurable.|
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197