Eastern Michigan University
Connecting to EMU-Wireless-Secure on an iPad
Connecting to wireless networks are convenient, but risky. Because wireless networks use radio waves that can pass through walls, your network signal can go beyond the boundaries of the room you inhabit. Generally, most of your internet traffic is openly readable by anyone nearby with the proper tools, allowing them access to information stored on your laptop or mobile device. Use EMU-Wireless-Secure to reduce these risks.
Follow these directions to connect to EMU-Wireless-Secure on an iPad:
- From an iPad, tap the Settings icon.
- The Settings window is displayed. Tap the Wi-Fi link in the Settings menu.
- The Wi-Fi page is displayed. If necessary, tap the On/Off icon to turn on Wi-Fi.
- The available Wi-Fi networks are displayed under the Choose a network section. Locate and tap the EMU-Wireless-Secure network.
- The Enter Password window is displayed. Type your My.Emich username and password in the Username and Password fields.
- Tap the Join button.
Note: If you previously joined EMU-Wireless, it may open the login page to re-join this network, interrupting the attempt to join EMU-Wireless-Secure. You can either cancel this login and it will resume joining EMU-Wireless-Secure or you can login to EMU-Wireless and then resume joining EMU-Wireless-Secure.
- The Certificate window is displayed. Tap the Accept button.
Note: After a few seconds, you will be connected to the EMU-Wireless-Secure network.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197