Eastern Michigan University
Connecting to EMU-Wireless-Secure on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)
Connecting to wireless networks are convenient, but risky. Because wireless networks use radio waves that can pass through walls, your network signal can go beyond the boundaries of the room you inhabit. Generally, most of your internet traffic is openly readable by anyone nearby with the proper tools, allowing them access to information stored on your laptop or mobile device. Use EMU-Wireless-Secure to reduce these risks.
Follow these directions to connect to EMU-Wireless-Secure on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard):
- Click the AirPort icon in the top right corner of the desktop and select EMU-Wireless-Secure from the list.
- The AirPort window is displayed. Type your My.Emich username and password in the User Name and Password fields.
- Click the OK button.
- The Verify Certificate window is displayed. Click the Show Certificate button.
- The Verify Certificate window is displayed. Verify the acs-a.emich.edu certificate is selected.
- Click the Always trust these certificates checkbox.
- Click the Continue button.
- The Certificate Trust Settings window is displayed. Type the Mac username and password in the Name and Password field.
Note: After a few seconds, you will be connected to the EMU-Wireless-Secure network. Solid waves on the AirPort icon indicates that the computer is connected wirelessly.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197