Eastern Michigan University
Mobile Device Settings for Connecting to EMU-Wireless-Secure
Connecting to wireless networks are convenient, but risky. Because wireless networks use radio waves that can pass through walls, your network signal can go beyond the boundaries of the room you inhabit. Generally, most of your internet traffic is openly readable by anyone nearby with the proper tools, allowing them access to information stored on your laptop or mobile device. Use EMU-Wireless-Secure to reduce these risks.
In most cases, the Division of I.T. provides settings only support for mobile devices. With that said, the information provided below is meant help you when setting up your mobile device to connect with the EMU-Wireless Secure network.
The information provided below is meant to help you when setting up your mobile device to connect to the EMU-Wireless-Secure network:
- Username: My.Emich username (krobertso1)
- Password: NetID password
- Network: EMU-Wireless-Secure
- Network Authentication: WPA2
- Data Encryption: AES
- EAP Type: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Trusted Root Certification Authorities: VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority-G5
- Authentication Method: Secure Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197