Eastern Michigan University
How to Lock Your Computer
On the keyboard, press the "Windows Key" + "L"OR
On the keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then select "Lock Workstation"
MAC OSX SYSTEM
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on the Security icon.
- Check the Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver field.
- Return to the System Preferences and choose the Desktop and Screen Saver icon.
- Select the Screen Saver tab.
- Set the amount of time you want to pass before the screen saver starts (5-10 minutes is a good limit).
- Click on the Hot Corners button and select "Start Screen Saver" to set the corner you need to move the mouse to for the screen saver to start instantly.
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197